To let fishing for 3 rods on 1.13 miles (double bank) for salmon and sea trout on the River Nairn. The beat has been lightly fishing over recent years.
The River Nairn produces salmon throughout the season with the peak months being from June to September and sea trout can be prolific when targeted. The fishings have historically been lightly fished and there is therefore potential for the current catch records to be significantly improved upon.
In recent times the best producing pools have been Beach pool, Garden pool and Otter pool. There is a limit of 4 rods fishing at any one time, the Estate retains the right to fish one of the four rods.
The Nairnside fishings extend downstream from Daltulich to below Nairnside bridge.
- Fishing for 3 Rods (The Estate retains a 4th rod)
- 1.13 miles of (double bank fishings) salmon and sea trout
fishing on the River Nairn
- 11 pools providing a variety of fly water
- Lightly fished over recent years with current 5-year average of
8 salmon, 3 sea trout and 6 grilse.
- Access is via a track from Nairnside bridge where there is parking on the north side of the bridge.
- Inverness – 5 miles • Nairn – 14 miles
The River Nairn is a category 1 river, anglers are asked to comply with the voluntary conservation code. Release rates as follows, release all fish up to 1st May thereafter 75% release rate for salmon and grilse to the end of the season (i.e. retain only one fish in every 4 caught). Sea trout – 75% or more release rate.
For more information please contact Noreen Lambert on 01343 823 007 or