The Wild Trout Trust’s annual fundraising auction will take place from 3-12 March on eBay and by post. There are 260 lots, mainly trout fishing but also including tackle, flies, art and books. Over 100 of the lots start at £100 or less, so there is something to suit all pockets and tastes.
An illustrated catalogue is available on the WTT website www.wildtrout.org or call 023 92 570985 for a printed catalogue. Bidding is easy, either on eBay or by post.
Some highlights in the auction this year:
- Chalk-stream fishing on highly exclusive, family owned beats not publically available
- Fishing days with top-class guides and writers including Charles Jardine, Paul Procter, Jon Beer, Dennis Moss, John Tyzack and Peter Tyjas.
- Trout fishing holidays in Iceland, Slovenia, Normandy, Argentina and the Bahamas
- A superb metal relief panel of a steelhead by Scottish artist, Sam MacDonald
- Framed flies by Paul Procter and Han Van Klinken
- A cane rod made by James Smart and a glass-fibre rod by Sandy Nelson
- Affordable fishing days on many well-known – and some surprising – rivers and lakes all over the UK
And it’s not all trout – carp on the fly, bass, roach, barbel, pike, grayling, salmon, bonefish and golden dorado all feature. There are
The Wild Trout Trust auction is a really great way of exploring new areas for fishing and contributing to a very worthwhile cause – the protection of our wild trout and their habitat. The Trust is well known for its efficient use of funds; so, if you do win in the auction, you’ll not only get a fabulous lot but also be donating to great work for our trout and sea trout.