- Our facilities include purpose built casting platforms on our lake, ideal for learning the various spey casts – single, double, snake –roll, snap ‘T’ and many more. We can also offer lessons on the Thames at Putney. If you can confidently use a variety of these casts you will never be defeated by strong winds. For the single-handed caster we can either use the lake or our large grass area depending on the type of casts you want to work on.
- You may fish 100 days a year, or just a single day, either way fishing time is precious so you need to be able to make the most of it. A fly in the water will catch fish, tangles and ineffective casts don’t!
- You may be going on a special trip which has cost thousands of pounds or you may have invested a lot of money in your equipment. Our lessons start at just £45 an hour for one to one tuition, this sum represents excellent value as the information can be used by you for years to come.
- Our team of experts are very knowledgeable and will often have fished the area you are going to. This firsthand experience is invaluable and means we can provide you with the right information so that you get the most from your fishing.
- Being a tackle shop with a huge selection available, not only can we help you develop your casting, we can also help you with your tackle selection and advise you on the suitability of your current kit. We are one of the few places anglers can try before you buy and even use your new ‘toy’ during your lesson!
Call us on 0118 930 3860 at Sportfish Reading or 0207 484 100 for Farlows, London – or email us email@example.com